A burnt hit is generally caused by burnt cotton inside the coil. In this guide we will look into some of the reasons that may cause a burnt hit and how you can avoid and/or fix them.
Coil is not primed properly :
When the wick (cotton inside the coil) is not primed (soaked with e-liquid) properly, burnt hit occurs.
– Before installing a new coil, take the coil out and drip a few drops of e-liquid. Let it soak for about 5 minutes.
– If the cotton is already burnt, clean the coil with hot water and let it dry. Then prime the coils.
Chain Vaping :
If you take constant puffs without a break, the cotton in the coil will not be able to absorb the e-liquid in time and as such it will burn.
– Use Temperature Control Vape Mods. They will stop the coil from reaching the point of burning.
– Use RDA. In RDA, you drop a few drops of e-liquids and hit it till it’s gone. Doing this will make sure you will know when to drop e-liquids into the coils.
(Ed.note. Since the coils for RDA will need to be built personally, visit your local vape shop for guidance.)
– If you have been vaping non stop to kill the cravings of a cigarette, step up your nicotine level.
High wattage vaping :
When you vape at a very high wattage, e-liquids tend to vaporize much quickly and the coil might not have enough time to re-prime itself.
– Make sure you check out the manual for the coil and vape at the recommended wattage level.
High VG -eliquids :
High VG e-liquids tend to be thicker so they take longer to soak into the cotton.
– Avoid high VG e-liquids. The recommended level is 70VG and 30PG. All of the Blue Monkey Vapes e-liquid comes in the recommended level.
Other reasons :
Overused coil : Typically a coil lasts about 2-3 weeks (for a moderate user). If it’s past that time, you will simply need to get a new coil.
Empty tank : This might seem obvious but make sure your tank has enough e-liquid.
Lack of maintenance : The tank and the coil will create residues after using for a certain period of time. Make sure you clean them regularly.
Cold weather : During cold weather, e-liquids thicken and might result in clogging. Make sure to store the e-liquids in room temperature.
So, we have looked into some of the reasons that might cause a burnt hit and how we can try to avoid and/or solve it. I hope this helps! Vape on!